Saturday, December 19, 2009

Showers

So I've never been one of those shower lingering types. I get in, get it done and get out. I've already criticized Andrew for how long he takes to shower. And part of what takes him so long is that he just stands there, enjoying the warmth and the solitude.

Why blog about showers? Well, since Harry was born, my perspective on taking a shower has drastically changed. For the first few weeks of Harry's life, a shower for me consisted of maybe five minutes of complete anxiety about when he would begin screaming. Then he started napping a little bit, so I tried timing the shower around those very brief but wonderful times. But my shower was still very short, for I wanted to see if I could shower and get ready all during his peacefulness.

Lately, I'm always trying to figure out when I can time my shower around when Andrew is home, and wouldn't you know, I have become a shower lingerer. I stand there for as long as I can, doing absolutely nothing. Please don't lecture me about water conservation, for these showers have become therapeutic. I relish the peacefulness and solitude. Who knew I would have to eat my words about my husband's showering habits : )

Here's a recent pic of my little one in the Christmas outfit his Grandma and Grandpa Alvarado gave him : )

No comments: