Monday, October 18, 2010

Harry turns 1!!!





I really cannot believe that my baby has turned one! Andrew and I keep saying to ourselves that we have a little boy living with us...he's not a little baby anymore : ) So many people told us in the beginning that this year would go by fast, and how it would be really hard to stay in the moment rather than looking ahead for the next milestone to come. The year has definitely gone by fast, but I feel like we've really enjoyed all the many phases and stages this first year has offered. We've tried to stay in the present, to appreciate whatever Harry "can do" and "is doing" rather than "will do" in the future. Andrew and I couldn't be more proud of our little boy, and we're so thankful that God entrusted him to our care. He is a true gift, and we're humbled each day to call ourselves his parents.

His party was small, but fun was had by all. Harry enjoyed eating cake, but was more cautious than we thought he'd be. The icing at least managed to stay on the upper half of his body!!
So here are some pics from his special day...hope you enjoy : )

No comments: