I warn anyone reading this with any regularity that this blog may contain a ton of potty humor in the next several months! So this week, there was one incident that was particularly funny...but only after the fact. So I've been following some suggestions from the book, "Diaper-Free Before Three" to begin potty training with Harry. I love what this pediatrician has to say about reviewing all the literature out there from past generations up through present day about toilet training. It's truly fascinating. Anyway, Harry has potty time certain times of the day to get accumstomed to sitting on the potty. After potty time one day this week, he simply refused my attempt to put a diaper back on. So I decided to call his bluff and put training pants on him just to see how he'd react the first time he could feel pee or poop in an entirely new way!
Within 30 minutes, I could smell something. However, Harry gave me no signals that he had gone to the bathroom. In fact, he was so into his play that a huge battle ensued over me trying to look into his training pants. And sure enough, he had not just pee-peed and poo-pooed...oh no, he had diarrhea!! What was most disconcerting was how he was absolutely unfazed by what was in his pants. Needless to say, after a very disgusting clean-up process, I made the decision to wait a little longer before trying training pants again. My son had totally won the potty training battle for the week : )
No comments:
Post a Comment