I know this sounds crazy, but I've really been itching for less distraction lately. And I'm realizing that there are certain skills that I'm losing because of all that I do through the internet. For instance, relying on someone's directions or reading a map instead of using Mapquest. Or remembering how to pick up the phone and call someone to catch up rather than through Facebook or blogging. Or reading a book or article to learn rather than googling...that's going to be a tough one!! Not that any of these things on the internet are bad in any way, but I'm certainly aware of my addiction to them...or at least, I realize how dependent I've become.
So for 40 days, all I'm allowing myself to do online is to email (since work is tied to email, and some of my former clients from Jersey still email me) and pay our bills..see, some laziness prevails : ) I do hate that now that I'm pregnant, I can't blog about something and get all your feedback at one time. But, that means I might just have to pick up the phone!! Or I'll email you...
So I'm signing off for 40 days. I'm praying that I will find new (and maybe some old) pleasures to take the place of my love affair with my Macbook. Pray that I can make it friends, and I'll be back on Easter : )
No comments:
Post a Comment