My last blog was concerning whether or not we should try or not try to have a baby. That was almost a month ago, and a lot has happened in the past month. Because ironically enough, as I wrote that last blog, I was pregnant : ) Yup, Andrew and I had agreed to not prevent the process of having a baby, but we still were unsure as to whether we would officially TRY to have a baby. Turns out, if you have sex and you're not preventing...you can get pregnant...shocker! Needless to say, I was a little shocked...no, I was a lot shocked. I honestly thought it would take us a long time to get pregnant, simply because it has taken so many of my other friends so long to get pregnant. So for it to have taken one time is a little beyond my scope of thinking, but it has finally started to sink in and now we're really getting excited : ) I'm only 7 weeks along, which I know means that the possibilities for anything to happen are wide open at this point. But it's kind of hard to keep it to ourselves, especially when we attend a church where drinking wine is not just acceptable but encouraged. So the fact that I'm not partaking is a clear giveaway. So we're starting to tell folks, and blogging and mass emails seem to be the better way of communicating these days. Partly because I'm too lazy to pick up the phone and call everyone I'd want to know, and to be honest, I'm so tired all the time that I can barely stay up much past dinnertime anymore. At this point, no throwing up, but I feel like I will if I don't eat every three hours...like clockwork. So Oct. 10th may be the birthday of the next little Cannan. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers, for this is truly turning our worlds upside down and I've experienced about every emotion I ever thought possible in the past few weeks. Lots of excitement, but mostly anxiety and flat-out fear. Welcome to parenthood, right?
1 comment:
Ashley, I just told Neal and we are both really excited for you and Andrew. And take it from us, it doesn't always take much trying. We will certainly keep all of you in our prayers.
Love you,
cgh
Post a Comment