Saturday, July 11, 2009

Baby Bjorn vs. Sling Carriers?

Anyone have any thoughts?

5 comments:

Anica said...

I have used the carriers, and slings...didn't like them. I loved my moby wrap! Isaac was so colicky, he lived in his. I wish I had it for Emily and Gillian. I got one on sale on Target online for less than $30. I used it when I did my grocery shopping...I loved it. www.mobywrap.com

Jenn said...

I didn't have the bjorn - some inexpensive brand? Didn't like it all that much. Of course 4 yrs ago there weren't as many mom's who wore slings - never had one. but I have been thinking about this same question - should I buy one thinking I could run around with SK and have Eli in a sling?

Courtney said...

I had a bjorn - or possibly knock off brand - back with Anna Grace and never used it because I thought it was cumbersome and very hot. Caleb is a slinger. He loves it. Now that he has head control I sit him it upright and facing out and he is a huge fan of that. I actually have to remind myself not to put him in it as often as it would be convenient to for fear that I will accidentally become an "attached" parent.
Oh, I also found a website with instructions and made mine because the ones I wanted to buy were so expensive...it only took about 20 minutes. If you want me to help you with one would be happy to.

Ashley said...

Thank you guys!! Courtney, I love that you made your own...you're my idol : )

Brooke Jared said...

I did sling in the newborn months, and now we use the ergocarrier. I LOVE this thing. easy to use, so much nicer to go grocery shopping and church, etc...

http://www.ergobabycarriers.com/babycarriers/category/carrier/

jackie talked me into getting this one, and I am so glad.