Here it is again...almost 3am, and I'm up thinking. I wish I could say I was up praying for this little one who will make his/her debut next month, but oh no...I'm up thinking about the ten million things I need to do for our new guest room/bathroom, the nursery, work and figuring out how to pay for it all. How can it be that I'm exhausted...absolutely exhausted all day long, yet at night, I can't sleep? Someone please tell me how that works. Jenn says the last month of pregnancy is preparing the mother for sleepless nights when the baby is born. Well, I'm here to tell anyone who's willing to listen that I think that's kind of a cruel joke. Shouldn't we be able to sleep more than we ever have in our entire lives, since we're about to enter a time when we'll sleep the least??
2 comments:
Some might say sleep is overrated!! With pregnancy and the first six weeks of Eli's life - I've forgotten what it means to sleep soundly and especially sleep late and long. However, I am reminded this season doesn't last forever - sleep will return one day - until then learn how to enjoy a tall mug of caffeinated coffee. Can't wait to meet little cannan....
This is truly a time in life that you can truly justify taking a 3 hour nap in the afternoon - even though there's a million things to do. Sleep it up as best you can.
Post a Comment